Friday, August 15, 2008

The Hague

Today was a holiday so the section that I work with took a day trip to The Hague. Our first stop, and the highlight of our trip, was this fancy go-carting place. I've gone go-carting several times before, but this was by far the coolest one that I have ever been to. It was multiple levels so there were two sections where you drove up and then another part where you drove all the way down. These things were fast and they gripped the track really well to the point that if you found the correct line in the turns, you wouldn't skid. By the end of twelve minutes, my addreneline and my forearms were completly spent. A good time was had by all.

We went to the beach for lunch and spent a few hours playing frisbee, German Yo-yo, and enjoying the cool breeze. Afterwards, a few of us stopped off at Madurodam, a miniturized version of The Netherlands. It was fun to revisit several of the places I had recently seen. I really like the people I work with and it was terrific to hang out with them for the day.

No comments: